Monday, March 31, 2008

I have a confession...

I have a confession to make. I have a dirty little habit that is getting worse. It is an addiction really, and I'm up to about 6 packs per day. You would think that they would package these things with some kind of warning...may be hazardous to your health, can be addicting, etc. Maybe they do, and I'm too happy in my ignorance to notice. 6 packs a day!!! Can you believe it? When I picked up my first one I had no idea that it would get this bad, or be this hard to stop. Seriously, I crave the next pack soon after I finish the one I'm on. I know that it is bad for me, and that these things can kill, but I just can't seem to kick the habit. They say that it is an expensive habit, and that's for sure. I'm not going to be able to afford groceries if this keeps up. I know that I would be so much happier, and feel so much better if I could just stop. They slow me down so that I am not able to keep up as much physically. And what is even worse is that my kids are watching me go through pack after pack, and they want me to share with them! Don't they understand that it is for their own good that I don't want to share with them? Just because they make a mint flavor that is attractive to them doesn't mean that they should start up. I ran out tonight, so I am going to have to go all day tomorrow without 1 single pack. I don't know if I can do it. It will be tough. Perhaps this is a good time to face this addiction, head on, and vow...no more 100 calorie snack packs!!! They certainly aren't helping me lose any weight like they try to advertise!

4 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

I am the same way! I can totally eat so many of those little packets, they are way addicting. I love the oreo crisps

kimbob said...

I love how you phrased that, sure makes you wonder what it is. I love them too. They are yummy! My kids love them too.

Amanda said...

You are funny. We were just joking about those the other day. How people will eat 2 or 3 packets at a time and it totally blows the 100 calorie thing. I could probably eat a whole box at a time.

Jamey said...

I tried to bring you a pack so that you didn't have to go a day without them, but you didn't answer your door! I was trying to help your addiction!