Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter and our first Earache

Kylie has been enjoying too much time outside, and it's just not quite warm enough. Early Saturday evening as she was taking a bath she started screaming that her ear hurt. I have never had an earache (at least none that I remember), and none of my kids have either so this was new to me. Tylenol and a warm washcloth helped and I gave her more Tylenol before bed. I guess I should have stayed with her because she woke up at 2:30 screaming again and as I talked to her found out that she only took one of her 4 chewable Tylenol tablets. So Jared and I were up for an hour with her trying to calm her down and waiting for her meds to kick in. Then a couple of hours later in comes Sadie telling me that she can't find Kylie. So we now have 4 of us in bed. It made for a very long, uncomfortable night. Kylie kept kicking and Jared got sick of it and got out of bed around 7:00 and Kylie followed him out to the living room. Just in time for Brynlie to wake up and want to nurse. With Kylie in the living room I couldn't hide Easter Eggs so I had to sneak home during church to hide them and to put their baskets out.


After church they were so excited to come home and find their baskets. Kylie has asked for the Enchanted DVD since the night that we went and saw it in the theatre and was so excited that the Easter Bunny knew that she wanted it. They both got new clothes (Hannah Montana for Kylie, Minnie Mouse and Ariel for Sadie) and each got a chocolate bunny.


The girls wanted to try on their new clothes, but I made them pose for pictures in the Easter dresses first. Aren't they beautiful...even after three hours of church and Easter baskets calling their names three feet away?

3 comments:

Babzanne Barker said...

Your girls are so beautiful! When I saw the latest pictures of Brynlie I thought for sure I was looking at pictures of you Merrell kids from back in the day. It looks like you had a fun Easter, despite the lack of sleep from the night before.

kimbob said...

The girls look darling in their Easter dresses! Sounds like your Easter was fun, can I join your family. You're mom does good with her Easter egg hunt, too bad you missed out on the money :)

kimbob said...

by the way thanks for the idea of hiding the eggs around your house, I usually put some in their baskets and don't hide them but will have to start!