Sunday, March 29, 2009

Success!

I know the true test of a child going to nursery is not the first week, but the second. The first week you are able to leave them with all of the buckets of toys and treats and they are none the wiser. BUT...when it comes time to go to class again the next week...well...they now know exactly what is going to go down. Brynlie's teachers said that there was a slight quiver of her bottom lip last week when she realized I had left her, but that was the extent of her emotions. When I went to pick her up they had the bubble machine running and she couldn't have been less interested in seeing me. I was forced to pick up another crying little girl, just to make her jealous (it worked), so that she would come with me. This week I was a little more concerned. Especially when I saw her look at me as I was closing the door. But once again, her little lip quiver and she was over it. Next obstacle? Her attitude. Her teachers have assured me that she hasn't hit or spit at anyone, but I'm sure it is only a matter of time...

2 comments:

kimbob said...

Yeah Brynlie!!!! My friend/counselor's little girl starts screaming as soon as sacrament is over because she knows it's time for nursery. It's funny now that I'm past that stage :) Hope it keeps going well!

Lauri said...

Aspen I can tell you have a little wicked in you! But it's a good thing. ha ha ha