Sunday, March 8, 2009

In a nutshell

Sadie told her dad that she wanted go to Vernal with him. Since my parents were coming out three days later I call to see if it would be okay to have her come for a visit. She's lucky that we didn't give Grandma and Grandpa time to come up with an excuse to say no. A few short hours later she was on her way. I went to the store once while she was gone. I can't believe that I ever complained about two kids! It was so much easier than all three. Sadie had so much fun and even brought home her "masterpiece" that she worked very hard on with Grandma.


Brynlie walked by that box several times and never looked at it twice. Then I made the mistake of giving her a fruit roll up out of it. I guess that was too much information.
Don't make fun of the bed head until you are willing to post your own bedhead pictures.



I won two free tickets to the U of U gymnastics meet. When I went online to see how much it would cost to buy an extra ticket for Sadie I discovered that it was "Short People Appreciation Night" and everyone 5' 1" and under got in free. So I asked my friend Amanda of she would like to come and bring her girls. Sadie decided at the last minute to take Jamey up on the offer to stay with her and her kids and Brynlie instead of coming to the meet. It worked out really well because Amanda and I could fit all of our kids in one car and drive together. Which was great since we were gone for 3 1/2 hours and only about a half an hour of that was at the meet. The rest of the time was spent driving there, getting lost, asking for directions, finding a parking space, walking a LONG ways with each of us carrying a little boy, making a bathroom run with all of the kids, walking a LONG way back to the car, fighting traffic to leave the U, and driving home. Oh, and there was a Taco Bell run in there too. The highlight of the night for the girls was screaming for the "Eagle" Mascot and shaking his hand. I'm pretty sure that everyone around us knew that we weren't regulars since it wasn't an eagle. The highlight of my night was being out of the house and having a grown up conversation. Oh, and listening to Kylie and Rhon giggle for hours in the backseat. The worst part of the night was realizing that neither of us brought our cameras. I thought mine was in my purse. I found it the next morning behind the couch. Something tells me that I didn't put it there.




I threw a baby shower for my sister in law Meagan on Saturday. I guess the secret to getting everyone to show up is to plan it last minute and give everyone very short notice. There were 32 people invited. 31 showed up. I think it also helped to promise lots of food and no cheesy games. We did play one game, but it was completely voluntary. Half of those that came were from out of town and I had two brother in laws that rearranged their schedules so that they could travel and be there. One even missed a (gasp!) championship basketball game for his stake. Russ never could turn down a baby shower...

After a long, long day Saturday I should have gone to bed early. Especially since it was Daylight Savings. After cleaning my house and getting the kids ready for bed I decided to finally plan my lesson that I had been putting off all week. And then there were the blogs calling my name. I don't think I would have gone online, but SOMEONE was prego at my party and didn't say anything. I found out after she left that she had blogged about it the day before. So, OF COURSE I had to log on. Then there was the book Amanda lent me... I finally called it a night around 1:00, which in daylight savings time meant 2:00. I turned my alarm off TWICE Sunday morning. Jared called at 7:30 and I realized I had turned it off so I decided we'd be skipping Sacrament Meeting. Jared called again at 8:30 and I realized that I had done it again. Whoops!

It is 11:00 and my kids are still going strong. They've been "in bed" for an hour and a half. They've both been grounded from their bikes and friends tomorrow, and in about two minutes will be losing their nightlight privilege. I love the later, lighter nights, but hate the transition with the kids inner clocks.

4 comments:

Jamie W said...

How fun! wish I could have come to the shower too. Thanks for posting that pic of Zoey - I still don't get to meet her for another month. :(

kimbob said...

so you were the one who won the tickets! Way to go and glad you got out with an adult :) way to go on the good show for the shower too. Sorry for the late night and that you're kids were up late too. I love it being light earlier!!!

Robin Conner said...

Fun updates. I'm glad I'm not the only one who found myself grounding my two oldest from friends and bikes and nightlight privledges! glad I'm not alone! Daylight savings is being hard on us too! Good luck!

Amanda said...

Bed head? Isn't that the way she looks all the time? jk

Thanks for taking me with you. It was the perfect way to spend my night. I had tons of fun.

Don't forget the girls were giggling about BOYS!!!