Saturday, July 12, 2008

Kylie's birthday party!

Last year when I sent out invites for Kylie's birthday party almost everyone was out of town. I expected that it would be the same case this time so I didn't worry too much about how many I was sending out. If you count the three babies that joined us there were 17 kids that showed up! Most of them were kids in the ward and they are a great group of kids. We had so much fun. Jamey and Tawnie both brought over their swimming pools and we had a sprinkler running under the trampoline and this kept the kids entertained most of the time. In fact, I was a little hesitant to ruin their fun by making them play some games.




The first game that we played a where I gave each of them an ice cube with a balloon in the middle. I had each of them rub the ice cube to melt it and then they opened the balloon that had a paper on it. Each paper had number on one side and a word or two on the other. We read them in order (some were a little soggy so I had to just tell them what they said) so that they could find the "treasure". The papers together said "Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, If You Want a Treat, Look Under a Shoe." I had a cooler sitting out of the porch and put a shoe on top of it. It took the kids a while to figure out that that was the shoe (a few even picked it up and looked under it, but not in the cooler) but finally Rhon said to look in the cooler. They all got to pick a Popsicle (or three by the time the afternoon was over) and then went to the trampoline to eat.




The other game that we then played (thanks Lauri for the idea!!) was really cute. I gave each kid a bowl with a piece of bubble gum in it. Then we filled them with whipped cream and had them stick their faces in to find the gum, without using their hands. Then they had to race and see who could find the gum, chew it, and either blow a bubble or at least stick their tongue out in an attempt if they didn't know how to blow a bubble.

Afterwards we opened presents out on the trampoline...
and then ate Kylie's cake. Aren't I such a great cake decorator?!! :) I really had planned on making cupcakes myself, but thought I'd take a quick look at what the bakery had and this just seemed so much easier (not to mention prettier!).



Brynlie before the cake and Popsicles...
During...

And after!

Thank you to both Jamey and Tawnie for helping take pictures!!! And to Brad for coming over earlier in the day and mowing the lawn and killing LOTS of wasps and hives! It is so nice to have such great neighbors that are there to help, especially with Jared working out of town as much as he does.



9 comments:

Kristalyn said...

That looks like the funnest party, ever! Trampolines are so fun with water underneath them. Brynlie has the cutest expressions!

kimbob said...

Happy Birthday Kylie!!!! Looks like the party was a hit. I have Jake's birthday next week and need to get invitations out and it planned :| want to help :) You do have a good group of neighbors.

Amanda said...

That turned out to be a great party. I love that there were so many kids there. Especially since 3 of them were mine. Nice picture of Dare's little muscle butt!
Thanks again!

Stacey said...

that is so fun... what a turn out! Good thing it was an outside event.

Tawnie said...

It was a great party..You are so clever coming up with the games. We really do have a great set of neighbors.

Tawnie said...

Oh and I have one more comment to make..you should know what it is.. Let's just say..I'm not very happy with one of the picture's!!! however I do like the muscle butt one!!!

Amanda said...

Hey Tawnie-
I wasn't going to say anything before but since you brought it up...

I'm imaging a thought bubble above your head saying... "Huh? Where am I? Whose kids are those? Is that a camera? Huh? What?"

Amanda said...

That was supposed to be imagining...

Lauri said...

Cute b-day party Aspen...the girls are SO cute. I love that little pool w/ the cover...I want one!