Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

Our Independence day weekend started out on July 1st when our new neighbors Eric and Stacey invited us down to their house for fireworks. It is always exciting to get new neighbors, and even more so when they are as great as these two are. What makes them even better is that their girls are both close in age to Sadie and Brynlie! We love having lots of kids in the neighborhood.


Here is the only picture I got of Stacey all night, and she blocked by her camera. I am AWFUL at taking pictures (just ask Tawnie).

Here is Eric, on the left, talking to Brad.

Waiting for the fireworks...

Eric and Stacey's little girl Ava, and Brynlie.
Tawnie, little J, Jason, and Maddie.
Playing with fireworks.
This was Sadie, 5 minutes after we got home that night. She was worn out! And conveniently asleep on her mom and dad's bed instead of her own...
Sasha's baby came early so we change our holiday plans a bit and decided to spend the day in Vernal. Jared was already out there for work and decided to stay for a couple of extra days before coming back to West Jordan. The morning of the 4th we got up early and went to the parade. Sasha and Jason were still at the hospital waiting to be discharged, Mickala was in the parade, and Kristi and Chuck were still in bed, so it was just us and my parents.






Trying to get candy...

That afternoon Sasha got brave and decided to have our BBQ at her house. The girls were so excited to finally see TJ and go swimming. TJ came back with us to spend the night and watch the fireworks. Kylie and TJ are such good friends. All weekend they walked around holding hands. The next few pictures are blurry because it was dark and I didn't realize until the next day that Kylie had been playing with my camera and had goobered the lens.



Sadie was so thrilled with the fireworks, for the first half. She layed down by her dad and slept through the last half.

Kylie and TJ watching the fireworks. I am amazed at what great friends they are. TJ cried real tears the next day when we left to come home and Kylie had to coax him out of the bedroom. I am so glad that they have each other.

Up at my parents house we finished the day off with a few more fireworks. The kids were so tired from their long day of playing and weren't as thrilled this time.

We missed Vince, Meagan, Russ, Annie, and even Jason and Sasha since they weren't able to do much this weekend.


This past week was also a big one for my parents because they were faced with the decision to finally put my Grandma Merrell in a care center. I went with my dad to visit Grandma on Saturday before I left and it was so sad to see her there, asking every minute or two when she could go home. She has Alzheimers and the doctor has said that she now needs someone with her 24 hours a day. For the past couple of years my parents have been her primary care givers, which is a much bigger task than most realize. I know it was an agonizing decision for my dad to make, but it was something that had to be done, and hopefully he can be at peace knowing he made the right choice. Here's my Grandma with Sadie back in 2005.





5 comments:

Linda said...

I miss those little ones already!

Stacey said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun... Sad for your grandma. That is hard!

Annie said...

Looks like a great weekend. I really wish we could have been there! I'm glad I got to see all your pictures, though.

Oh, and I'm still laughing at the Kylie/Chuck Lagoon pictures. So funny!

kimbob said...

Looks like your 4th week-end was a good one. I wish ours would have been that fun. The baby is so little but I'd agree with you glad it's not yours :) I'll have a big post on mine soon!

Kristalyn said...

I totally remember going to the Vernal parade for many summers back in the day. How fun that you still kept up the tradition!