Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Camping...a few weeks ago.

I have failed my girls! We finally went on our first official camping trip, and Kylie is 6 years old! I loved camping as a kid and can't believe it took us this long to go. It took them a little while to warm up to the idea of getting really dirty, but once they did, there was no stopping them...especially Sadie. We went up Butterfield Canyon, which is right by our house. It was only a 20 mile drive from our house to the campsite.


Brynlie hung out in the van while we set up camp...

Once we let her out to play, she immediately had an accident. The poor thing was not off to a good start for the night. She got over this little spill real quick though and was off on more adventures.

Sitting around the campfire.


All four of the kids had a rough time once it got dark. They were all VERY afraid of the dark and the animals in the dark. It took a little bit of convincing them that camping was fun. Luckily, they all fell asleep really fast that night. Unluckily, Brynlie did not. She is teething, and can I give you all a piece of advice. DO NOT take a teething baby camping. It was awful. She is so good to sleep through the night, but that night she would not. I finally ended up spending the longest night of my life on the van floor so that the rest of the family could get some sleep. She didn't really sleep all night and by 6:30 in the morning she was ready to be up for the morning. Along with the crying came poopy diapers...7 before noon to be exact. One was bad enough that we had to burn the clothes she was wearing. Teething has been especially hard on Brynlie.



Next time I will bring a playpen...Brynlie is far too active to stay on a blanket.
The kids had so much fun playing with each other and getting into mischief. They all wanted to stay longer but we had a warm social Saturday night that we had to get back for.




Throwing dirt on herself...
Did I mention that they got dirty?




Uncle Jason, offering to give them baths.

On our way home we took a slight detour and headed up to the top overlooking the copper pit.



No shower, no make-up, greasy hair...



We had to much fun!!! We can't wait until next time.








4 comments:

kimbob said...

Looks like you guys had fun for the most part instead of poor Brynlie. Sorry she had a hard time. I see your "roughing" it and makes me glad for my trailer. I'm a wuse now. (Don't know how ot spell that) Nice that camping was so close too!! Way to go to finally make it

Amanda said...

1) I SO know the feeling of wanting a play pen.
2) That water does not look like good "bathing" water.
3) You and Tawnie are two of the cutest chicks on the planet.

Linda said...

I liked your typo about the "warm" social. I'm going to pass it on to our ward activities committee chairman!

Tawnie said...

It was so much fun. I can't wait to go again!! I really enjoy our outings together..Thanks for not mentioning how much I ate and I guess the pics of me are okay =).
Let's plan on going again soon.