Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'm looking for volunteers!

Do any of you find yourselves in a rut, cooking the same things over and over again, week after week? Do you stop by a friends house and smell the delicious dinner cooking and try to think of an excuse to get yourself invited to dinner? Do you smell the neighbor's BBQ and wish they would take pity on you and pass some over the fence? Okay, maybe it's just me...
I would like to start a Freezer Meal Group and want to know if anyone (that lives nearby) would be interested in doing this. Here's how it works: Each participant makes a certain amount of a dish that they are really good at making. We meet one afternoon or evening and bring our coolers full of our meals and exchange them for other peoples meals. That way we can save money and time by buying and cooking in bulk and then we get to come home with a variety of ready made meals. If you don't have a lot of freezer space or have a need for a lot of meals then only bring a couple of dinners. The more that you bring, the more that you get to take home.
If you are interested leave me a comment and once I see who and how many would like to participate we can plan a date to get together. Depending on how popular this is we could look at meeting again in another month or two or three. Don't worry about coming up with something original. If we have a few of the same dish that's okay. I like trying out others recipes and seeing which ones I like best. And hopefully we will get enough people that we could use the duplicates!

6 comments:

kimbob said...

I'm interested my only problem is Bob is picky so am afraid he'd freak over some of the meals, depending on what's in them :S I have a thing a friend gave me too that you can make a months worth of meals and put them in the freezer. It takes about a whole day to prep everything but that's an idea too if you or anyone's interested in

Jamey said...

I am in ten times over! I am all about quick and easy meals! Why didn't you mention this idea to me earlier? hahaha :)

I am willing to do it time and time again!

And next time I am out on the BBQ, just climb up your fence and say "hamburgers are my favorite!" or "I sure love ribs!" :) I think there is a truck you can stand on to see over the fence! :)

Larkyn said...

That sounds like a fun idea. Count me in.

AJ and Cindy said...

I wish we lived closer!! that is such a cool idea :)

Aspen said...

Cindy...you do live close enough! Seriously, we would love to have you join in...

Stacey said...

Count me in I would love to!!!