Thursday, June 26, 2008

Recipes

I despise eggs in pretty much every way, shape, and form. Scrambled, fried, poached, hard boiled...you name it, I hate it. I can appreciate what they do for baking, but that is about as far as I will go to give them any sort of credit. I wish I liked eggs, because it would make my life much easier to eat them, but I just can't. When my mom was pregnant with me she craved eggs and would quite often run home during her lunch (she was a school teacher) to make them. Once, while in a hurry, she burned them. She ate them anyway, and they made her sick and she didn't want eggs again during the pregnancy. I'm pretty sure that this is why I hate eggs. Growing up I hated when mom would cook eggs for breakfast and I especially hated the mornings that she cooked German pancakes. Everyone was so excited and fighting over the corners and I was in my room, trying to block the smell of eggs out. I swore that I would never, ever serve that dish in my house. Then a couple of weeks back I came across my friend Ramanda's blog post about their yummy weekend tradition of German pancakes and her recipe. While I still hate eggs, I love my husband and children and don't want to deprive them of a dish that so many people love. It looked super easy and so I thought that I would give it a shot. I made it Sunday night and they loved it so much that I had to buy eggs on Monday so that they could have it again the next day. I'm afraid that we I may have started something that I can't stop now... Anyway, I have started a new blog that has recipes from me and all my Merrell sisters and mom. I've posted the German pancake recipe on it if anyone else is interested in trying it out. If you have ever given me a recipe in the past don't be surprised if you see it show up on there. Yes Janica, those are your pumpkin bars on there.

6 comments:

Linda said...

I had no idea you hated German pancakes! I guess with the feeding freenzy that was going on whenever I made them, I never noticed that you weren't even there. Wow! What kind of mother does that make me?

Mandy said...

I am so excited that you started a new blog of recipes. I am always looking for new ideas. A few of my friends thought this would be a good idea to do, but we haven't gotten around to it. Anyway, expect more blog stalking from me!!

me said...

LOL...its actually not MY recipe. Its a recipe I picked up from someone else but hey, good recipes need to be passed around! Im looking forward to getting some new ones from you and if I find any really good ones Ill pass them along!!

Diana said...

I am always looking for new recipes. Right now I have the stomach flu so reading your blog about eggs almost made me throw up, no offense. I will be checking out your new recipe blog as soon as food of any kind starts to sound better =)

Kristalyn said...

David always talks about the German pancakes that he had growing up. I think that he's made them for us once, but I never bothered to ask him for the recipe. I am totally going to read your blog and get the recipe!

Debra said...

What a good idea, I'm a sorry excuse for a cook, but I get tired of all the usual things I do cook, so thanks. Your fam is soooo dang cute. I loved the wedding pics. I just want to know where the heck I was:)??