Sunday, August 24, 2008

Kylie

Kylie is growing up so fast! I can't believe that I have a 6 year old, and that she is in 1st grade! She is seriously 6 going on 16. She is suddenly very fashion conscious, loves to blare her radio in her bedroom, and "does" her hair all the time. Of course, I get to do it after she does. She is still a kid though, and loves to jump on the trampoline and is very proud of her skills at doing flips.


I always find "extra" pictures of her on my camera...



She loves to dance, and loves to pretend to teach dance to Sadie and Aspen.
I caught her at the splash park teaching some other little girl she had just met.
Kylie started 1st grade on July 28th. It was a huge adjustment for her because she now has to be up and ready to go to school by 8:15, when her ride comes to get her. She is just like her mom, NOT a morning person. She loves to stay up late at night, but these early mornings have made her unable to stay up nearly as late as she used it. It's kind of nice having my nights to myself again!
Jared was in Vernal on her first day of school so I let her call him on her way to class. So cool to be chatting away on a cell phone. Notice the blister on her hand from the monkey bars.
Kylie and her friend Jaxon both got "Principal Pride" awards a couple of weeks ago. There are only a handful of kids in each grade that get them. I'm not sure how often they award them. Kylie got hers for "improved in getting her work done and improved in listening and following directions." She got in trouble for talking the first week of school so hopefully this means that she learned her lesson!



She also had fun with Sadie at Liberty park...

Jared and I decided to take Kylie out on a special "date" last week when he was in town to say "Thank you" to her for all that she does to help us. As the oldest child, we put a lot of responsibility and knew she needed to be acknowledged. We took her to dinner at Cafe Rio (her choice...thank goodness she didn't choose McDonald's!!) and then we went to the Gateway to walk around and go to Build a Bear. She got a gift card for her birthday from Maddie and Jason so I didn't feel so bad letting her be spoiled and pick out a cute outfit. Sadie was more than a little jealous of the bear when we picked her up that night so we are working on not having any accidents so that maybe she can go next time Jared is back. Those bears are expensive!! I took this picture on the way to the Gateway and then totally forgot to take more. Grrrr...
Kylie is growing up so fast and is turning into such a great helper when her dad is out of town. Of course, she causes her fair share of problems too, but isn't that what 6 year olds are for? Such a beautiful, headstrong little girl! I love you Kylie!




3 comments:

Linda said...

Kylie is so beautiful. I loved the picture of her holding her Principal Pride certificate. And what a nice thing to do...taking her on an appreciation date! She will always remember it.

Amanda said...

Beautiful baby-faced little thing!

kimbob said...

I have to tell you you're my idol! I need to be more like you. It is hard because we put a lot of responsibility on the oldest. I should recognize Cole more or all of my kids. I don't know why I'm so hard on them sometimes, afterall they are kids. Congrats to her on the Principals Award, that is awesome!