Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Our House

I've discovered that I have a habit of looking at people's pictures and instead of focusing on what they took a picture of, I look at the stuff around them to try and figure out what their house looks like. I really like to get online and look at pictures of homes that are for sale and try to figure out the layout of the homes. And it's even more fun if the home for sale is a neighbors, or someone that I know. I think that this addiction began about two and a half years ago, when we were in the process of selling our first house. At first, it felt very wierd to post pictures of my own home online for the whole world to see. But I quickly got over that when I realized everyone's homes are out there for the viewing! It is great fun, and a hobby that I highly recommend! The whole reason for this post was so that I could show this picture of our new french doors. While many of you have seen our home before, most probably haven't seen the doors. Jared and his friend Matt installed them the night before Thanksgiving (Matt does woodworking for a living and gave us a great deal on the doors!), and then finished the framing the following week. I am so happy to finally have these doors in. We've talked about getting them since we moved in over two years ago, and even tried last year (long story...it doesn't exactly end with us having a great relationship with Lowe's home improvement store), but they were worth the wait. I work from home and it is nice to have a bit more privacy in the office (or the "workin room" as my girls call it). It will be even better when we get them stained and can remove the plastic from the glass.




Here are two pictures of our living room. Meagan and I spent a very LONG week painting and redecorating this room while the guys were in Mexico. Some day I may get brave enough to show pictures of how it looked before we painted it. The last color I painted it was a very wrong color of green... It lasted 7 months, only because I had to wait for Jared to go out of town. (It's easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission, although the green was ugly enough that he had even hinted that I could repaint it). For those of you that are like me and are now trying to figure out the layout of the house, the second picture was taken from the doorway with the french doors.
This is the other room that Meagan and I painted last May. While the boys were busy swimming in the ocean, we were busy painting a blue "ocean" on my kitchen walls. You know how I mentioned a second ago that it's easier to beg forgiveness? Well, I'll let you know when he finally forgives me for this color.

Now I'd like to invite all of you out there with blogs to post pictures of your homes so that I can be nosey. This includes all three of my sisters that are married because I haven't been to any of their homes yet. (Yes I know, bad sister.) Sasha, I'll see yours at Christmas time.

4 comments:

Kristalyn said...

I had to laugh when I started reading this post. Whenever I look at pictures that my friends have posted on their blogs, I always look at the background to see their houses, too! I think you guys did a great job with the painting! I love the colors, I think that kitchens look more cheerful when they're bright. :)

Kristin. said...

I think everyone looks around at things in the picture! I know I do that all the time!!!
I sent you an email in reply to the previous one... did you get it?

kristin.

Annie said...

We're reluctant to post pictures of our house, fearing then we'll never get any visitors...

Linda said...

I only look at the people!