Monday, December 10, 2007

Our Busy Weekend

Our weekend started off with shopping in the middle of a snowstorm for pants for Jared for our family pictures the next morning. The roads were awful and it took us more than twice as long as it should have to get to JCPenney. That's what we get for putting if off...or I should say that's what Jared gets for putting it off. I was willing to go any other night this week. By the time we finished shopping it was 10:00 and we decided to stop at Chile's and feed the kids (and Jared... I've recently realized that hunger and ornery go hand in hand for him. Throw some restless kids and Utah drivers in a snowstorm in to the mix and he needs to be fed NOW!!). It was almost 11:00 at night when I get a text message from my sister-in-law Tawnie that she and Jason were on the way to the hospital to have a baby, two weeks early. Leave it to Tawnie to have the baby in the middle of the snowstorm. My beautiful little nephew Tyler Jacob, was born a little after 1:00 that morning, weighing in at a whole whopping 7 lbs, 7 oz's. Her last two babies weighed almost 9 and almost 10 lbs so this one is tiny for her. I would love to have pictures to show you, but some idiot forgot to bring the camera to the hospital (that would be me).

We had family pictures Saturday, and thanks to my sweet little Sadie, we only got three of the girls together, and one of them has Kylie and Brynlie looking cute and Sadie giving her best scowl. She decided that she was done and no amount of coaxing was going to change her mind. She is such a stubborn child! The bright side to this was that there were less pictures for me to choose from, since I always take way to long to decide, and then end up buying way to many. I wasn't really happy with the pictures of the girls, but the family pictures turned out great so I won't complain. Brynlie's pictures also turned out cute, extra chins and all! I'm really excited to get them all back.

Saturday night Glenn Beck was in town and Jared's birthday present from me was tickets to see him. For those of you who don't know who Glenn Beck is, he is a political radio and talk show host and he is LDS. Jared loves to listen to him on the radio and watches his show every night. I know some of you out there are checking to make sure you are on the right blog because the Jared that you know would not be interested this kind of show, and would not listen to talk radio all day. But this is the right blog, and we are talking about the same Jared. I am a shocked as you are. He took his brother Jeremy with him and they had such a great time. Jared said it was just amazing and that he had most of the audience in tears, both from laughter and hearing his stories of struggling to make it to where he is today. He said that there was an incredible spirit there and that Glenn spoke of the church quite a bit and also bore his testimony. Jared really wants to go again next year, and wants me to come with him. He also said he's sure that both of our parents would love it and would like them to come too. So heads up!

On Sunday, after we went to see our new nephew, we backtracked a bit so that we could ride Trax to Temple Square to see the lights. We promised the girls a train ride to see the lights and they were so excited. Again, this is where I'd like to post pictures of our trip, but there is that problem with the idiot that forgot the camera. The girls had fun, but we had problems with them not wanting to walk. We have a double stroller and three kids...do the math. Of course the ONLY logical options was to have mom carry Brynlie so the other two could ride. Brynlie was a sweetheart until the end when she started to get cranky. She was cold and tired and there was too much noise and lights for her to fall asleep. Overall, it was a great night. I love Christmas time, and going to temple square reminds me of being a kid and going with my parents. They always try so hard to make the holidays special for us kids, and this year is no different. My mom has spent so much time planning for Christmas weekend, I'll have to dedicate a whole blog to that one later.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Let me know when Glenn Beck comes again. I know someone who might like to go, too.

Linda said...

I can think of several descriptive words for you; brilliant, amazing, organized, super-mom...but never in a million years would "idiot" describe you.