Monday, February 23, 2009

Sunday

1. Brynlie has started sticking her tongue out and spitting at anyone who makes her mad. She first demonstrated this on Sunday as Sacrament Meeting started. Sadie quickly returned the favor. Moments like this make me so proud.

2. Brynlie has discovered that if I won't let her out of the aisle, she can go under and the people in the row in front of us will let her out. She doesn't bother to say excuse me as she pops up between the dad's legs and then pushes past everyone. We will have to work on her manners.

3. Brynlie prefers M&M's over goldfish and will spit out any offending goldfish once she finds the M&M's. She KNOWS that there are M&M's in my church bag since I bring them to encourage (bribe) my primary class with.

4. I am getting so good at wrapping one arm completely around Brynlie's body and tightly squeezing her arms to her sides as I take the sacrament. As I pass the tray I move with it to always keep myself between it and the little one. It is a true art form to see me in action.

5. Brynlie totally gets the "noise rule" in Sacrament meeting. The louder the noise, the quicker the exit. And adding an arched back will REALLY get Mom's attention.

6. I don't know what is scarier...not knowing what Kylie and Sadie are doing while alone in the chapel, or bringing Brynlie back in after teasing her with a moment of freedom.

7. Does she HAVE to pick her nose as we walk back into the chapel? Apparently so.

8. Okay, bringing Brynlie back in is definitely scarier. Back out we go.

9. Kylie rocks!! She packed up our huge mess and put everything back in the bag for me while I was MIA. That little prayer that I said must have worked.

10. Why do I have to have a calling on days like these? Oh yeah...if I didn't I'd probably just go home. The Bishop must be on to something.

11. Amanda rocks!! She stopped by before primary started to hug her daughter and volunteered to take Brynlie with her. Could she see the crazed look in my eyes? Am I really that transparent?

12. Our class size doubled when we found out that they haven't found replacements for the recently released teachers of the other CTR 6 class. Amanda couldn't have picked a better day to make friends with Brynlie.

13. Sadie knew that they were going to call her name for the birthdays so she didn't care when the called out her friend Sierra's name first. The music leader pointed at Sadie so she walked up and claimed Sierra's present.

14. Kylie was so reverent during primary. I've never seen anything like this before. Amazing. I just wanted to sit and stare at her.

15. Providing more proof that Brynlie is my clumsy baby, Amanda returned her to me as we were going to class. She had an accident in Relief Society. Or maybe she just heard rumor that the kids got cookies and she wanted in on the action.

16. Heather fed Brynlie a constant stream of M&M's during my lesson and that kept her fairly quiet. Three more weeks of this before she is officially old enough to be allowed into the nursery.

17. After class we stopped by the Bishop's office for treats. This was Brynlie's first time. With a huge Now and Later sticking out of her mouth and a steady stream of pink drool Brynlie cut back in line and stuck her fat little fist back in the jar. The Bishop had to pull the candy away to safety and explain that it was only one per week. Way to make a good impression Brynlie. As if Sacrament Meeting wasn't enough...

18. My Sunday afternoon nap couldn't come fast enough.

8 comments:

Robin Conner said...

Poor mommy! I think we've all been there, done that. So fun at church when we have "stuff to do" and an uncooperative child. But still a fun story to tell later! Hope you had a good nap! ;) And the crayon post was pretty hilarious too! :)

Lauri said...

Aspen you crack me up! Um, you actually get a nap on Sunday?? I might be coming over...

Curtis and Windy Olson said...

Your girls are all so pretty and my are they so full of energy. Your stories always make me smile. You are such a good Mommy. Hope all is well. Kayla makes me laugh during sacrament, when Mindy gives her the sacrament bread, Kaylas eyes always get so big like I want some more. Kids just crack me up. So funny!!

Amanda said...

I think I must have left Dare in the bathroom for a reason. Otherwise I wouldn't have had to come hug her. Yes, that's it. I'm not so terrible after all. It was meant to happen. Too bad I made Brynlie bleed! If it makes you feel any better, I made G bleed too once we got home. After that, I looked for more 1 year olds I could injure, but I couldn't find any.

Hopefully Dare was good for you.

I love this post. Very funny. Good writing. AND you mentioned me twice, so it couldn't be more perfect! : )

Aspen said...

Actually Amanda, I mention you three times.

Heather said...

Thank you for the M&M's each week, nice bribe! I am glad for your calling, and you better try not to miss a Sunday, or I will be very upset! I will try harder not to laugh and encourage Brynlie :) She's just so dang cute!

kimbob said...

You are so funny! What an experience you probably have every week, isn't it great when they get so close to nursery age. I really think they should go in as 12 months, otherwise they are pure terrors waiting that extra 6 months. That's for always making me laugh too. You've got good kids

Amanda said...

I tried to ignore the third time because that was AFTER I was so awesome.