Thursday, February 19, 2009

My day with Jenny


I have a confession to make...I once worked at Chuck E Cheese. I have another confession...I LOVED it! I made a lot of really great friends there, but lost contact through the years. The last time I saw Jenny and her cousin Katie was at my wedding, but as I was blog surfing I came across Katie's blog (I was on a blog of someone I didn't even know...what are the chances?!) and from there found Jenny too. I was so excited to find them since I'd thought of them several times over the years but had no way to get in contact. Katie lives in California now, but Jenny is still here in Utah so we decided to meet up for lunch a couple of weekend ago. And since we have six kids between the two of us what better place than Chuck E Cheese!?
Brynlie was very ornery when we first got there and didn't want to ride the rides.
But, after getting some food in her belly...

...she started to warm up to the rides...
...and then decided this might be fun...
...and finally she was a happy little girl!

Jenny's two youngest, Asia and Gavin.

Jenny and her little boy Gavin.
Gavin doing his "cool" pose by putting his hands in his pockets.
And me with Brynlie. Jasmine and Sadie
Sadie got to dance with Chuck E!
Brynlie followed Chuck E until she lost him and found another Chuck E on the stage to watch. She was really intrigued by him.
The four older girls. Gavin and Brynlie weren't cooperating so they were not invited into this picture.


I am so happy that I found Katie and Jenny and that I was able to meet Jenny's beautiful kids! How did we survive before the Internet?! Thanks Jenn for calling. Let's do it again soon.

4 comments:

M. Nelson said...

I took my kids to Chuckie Cheese for the first time this week. My first time too!

I have now found three old friends and one teacher blog surfing. I love it!

M. Nelson said...

I took my kids to Chuckie Cheese for the first time this week. My first time too!

I have now found three old friends and one teacher blog surfing. I love it!

M. Nelson said...

Whoops! Oh well, who doesn't love a bunch of comments--even if they're repeats

Anisha said...

Stephen worked at Chucky Cheese when he was younger. He didn't LOVE it, but he still sings the birthday song to me every year!