Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Growing right up

Sadie has been busy, busy, busy! She started pre-school the last week in August. Here she is on her first day. This day was just a meet and greet when the kids all got to bring their moms and see who the other kids in class were, and check out the school. And here she is on her first "official" day of school. The day that she was able to go all by herself. She has been looking so forward to starting school and being a big girl.


Last time Jared was in town we took Kylie out on a date so this time we took Sadie. We haven't been to the Mayan in a really long time (since every time we do go we swear we'll never go back after the awful service) and so we decided to give it a try. A lot has changed, including the menu (and prices!!...we won't be going back soon) but Sadie had so much fun.

I caught this picture just as she saw the first cliff diver jump. She was not expecting that!
Here is Sadie and I waiting for our dinner.

And Sadie enjoying her Mac-n-cheese. It was actually really good and every time Sadie turned her head her dad would steal another bite.
Sadie also taught herself how to cook last Friday...
I got out of the shower Friday morning and as I was getting ready I realized that I could smell smoke. Just at that same moment Sadie walked in the bathroom and said.."I'm cooking Mommy!" I ran out and could see the house filled with smoke as I left my bedroom. The microwave was still running, with 82 minutes and 8 seconds left. I quickly turned it off and took at peek at what she had made...a sausage and egg muffin. Yummy!! I opened all of the doors to the house, along with several windows, ran 4 fans, burned two Scentsy candles, and even scrubbed floors and counters with ammonia throughout the day to help the smell. But the smell was not going anywhere. All day long as I worked I could smell the horrible burning smell. The microwave had to be taken outside and is now getting ready to find it's permanent resting place. We'd had that microwave since before I met Jared so this was actually quite sad for us. Jared and I thought that it would live forever so we are in mourning now. (We are also mourning the death of our Comcast remote, which drowned the night before in the bath that Brynlie gave it.) The smell was still in the house when I got back into town Sunday night, but it isn't as strong, and is getting better every day. Either that or I'm starting to smell so much like it that I can't tell... While in Vernal that weekend Sadie played dress up. I didn't start taking pictures until about the 8th or 9th costume change...




"That's all folks!" Get it..looney tunes...porky pig...hahahaha!






3 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh Aspen!!! Ashley has cooked too but nothing like that! I hope the smell continues to disappear. I love that Brynlie is finding her own way of sitting. So cute!

Linda said...

What an adorable child...I love her smile and her enthusiasm. What a lucky grandma I am!

kimbob said...

Seeing the sausage/egg mcmuffin puts into perspective how horrible it must have smelt. I hope the smell continues to go away. Love all the dress up pictures, the joys of having girls :)