Thursday, February 28, 2008

Little girls and their scissors

I have much blogging to do to catch everyone up on our past week, but before I start that (huge) blog I figured I'd share one of my "blessing" this past week. Last Wednesday I walked into the kitchen to find a doll and some hair lying on the floor, and Sadie hiding nearby. I immediately inspected Sadie's head, and after making sure that none of her hair was missing, I laughed. Why did I laugh? Because this was all the damage she did. Compared to 15 months this is nothing! In fact, I'm glad that she did it. Now maybe she has the hair cutting bug out of her system.
Now lets discuss 15 months ago when Kylie got a hold of the same pair of scissors. At first glance, I saw the barbie and thought it was the barbie's hair. It took me about two seconds to realize that no barbie has that much hair.
And there was more than one color of hair. And there was only one barbie.
And Kylie was holding scissors in her hand. And Kylie was trying to hide her head. And then panic set it. And then the tears came (from both of us)...
Kylie had such long, beautiful until that night. It went from bad to worse when I finally got her to look at me and I realized that she had cut her bangs to her scalp. And when I thought it couldn't get any worse Sadie walked in and I discovered that Kylie hadn't left her little sister out of the salon experience. So today, I count my blessings. My girls still have their hair.


2 comments:

Diana said...

Oh my goodness Aspen, I can't believe all that hair!!

Linda said...

My only comment: Like mother, like daughter.